Marketing Manager - (Maternity Cover 9 month contract)
This is a senior role within the Marketing function of Cornmarket Group Financial Services, reporting to the Head of Marketing and managing a team of three direct reports. The role holder will be key to the delivery of the strategy for the Life division of Cornmarket.
In summary, the role is responsible for the planning and development of the marketing and communications strategy for the Life product portfolio (AVCs, Salary Protection, Life Insurance & Protection, Savings, Financial Planning and Retirement Planning). The role holder will be responsible for the delivery of integrated marketing activities relating to Life products, including advertising, promotions, events, below the line communications and digital marketing (social, content, display, PPC) to drive inbound calls, online interactions, face to face appointments and ultimately sales, in line with targets.
The role holder will work cross functionally with key stakeholders to ensure all campaigns and marketing activities contribute to the objectives of the Life divisions as well as to the brand KPIs.
Accountabilities of the Role
- Deliver effective integrated marketing activities, including advertising, promotions, events, below the line communications and digital marketing (social, content, display, PPC) to drive demand (online sales, online traffic, inbound calls, face to face appointments) and improve awareness and consideration for the Cornmarket brand.
- Develop and implement marketing and trade plans for each of the Life products to drive customer acquisition and retention in line with targets.
- Strategically identify opportunities to improve process and procedures which will benefit the customer and the organisation.
- Drive the delivery of relevant and timely content and communications to our customers and potential customers.
- Build a culture of measurement and testing – ensuring all campaigns are rigorously measured for effectiveness with the aim of driving a cycle of improvement in everything we do.
- Deliver a suite of customer facing collateral (print and digital) for each point along the customer journey, always with the customer in mind.
- Using data driven insights, identify cross sell opportunities within our existing base and initiate marketing activities to support cross sell targets.
- Prioritise spend to ensure optimum return. Consistently review costs and seek opportunities to ensure the Life marketing function operates in the most cost effective way.
- Understand the impact of all marketing activity in terms of costs per lead and costs per acquisition.
- Working with external agencies and internal designers, ensure consistent delivery of strong creative.
- Lead the Life marketing team by setting clear goals and targets, holding regular 1:1s, providing opportunities for learning, development and growth.
- Support marketing executives in implementation of marketing plans.
- Ensure that the Customer First strategy is at the heart of all activities.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and competitor activity.
- Proactively build a network of industry peers, with a view to learning and collaborating.
- Manage relationships with third party suppliers and manage suppliers for optimum performance.
- Build strong working relationships and high levels of trust with internal stakeholders and represent the marketing division at a senior level.
- To comply with risk control and regulatory requirements that are relevant to this role.
- To maintain commercial awareness relevant to this role.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 7+ years in a fast paced marketing environment
- Degree in marketing or business
- Experience of managing third party suppliers
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Preferably experience in the financial services sector
- Knowledge of risk control & regulatory environment
- Commercial awareness
Behavioural Competencies Required
- Strong communicator who enjoys working as part of a wider team, with natural leadership abilities
- Results focused and commercially minded
- Presentation skills and ability to present confidently at a senior level
- Innovative and creative
- Ability to think laterally and to question the status quo
- Proven ability to deliver results under pressure
- Ability to develop strong working relationships throughout the organisation and with third party suppliers
- Excellent team builder and motivator who will thrive on working closely with the team in a coaching capacity
Cornmarket Group Financial Services Ltd. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A member of the Irish Life Group Ltd. which is part of the Great-West Lifeco Group of companies
This role is a 'controlled function' as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that the appointee meets the requirements as set out in the Fitness and Probity standards issued by the Central Bank Cornmarket Data Privacy Notice