The Portfolio Architect will design and guide the technical delivery of solutions that meet the current and future needs of our customers. This role will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of the technical integrity of solutions across the business. You will own the IT architecture and will own the governance of same when working with Business & Technical Stakeholders.
The Portfolio Architect will act as a lead functional and technical representative, gathering information and proposing solutions, therefore, strong analytical, functional, technical and communication skills are imperative for this role.
This role will report to the Head of IT but will work closely with the Software Development Manager and Software Development teams.
Accountabilities of the Role
- Ensure that all aspects of Cornmarket’s architecture comply with internal policies /standards and regulatory requirements as appropriate.
- Ensure that all aspects of Cornmarket’s digital architecture comply with internal policies /standards and regulatory requirements as appropriate. Ensure that provision of data on digital channels platforms is compliant with internal information security/DLP policies and external data protection requirements.
- Lead the formulation of full technology architecture for Cornmarket.
- Providing architecture support and working with cross functional teams through the whole SDLC
- Responsible for leading the architecture design on digital projects and programmes delivered by Cornmarket. Contribute to the architecture design of full technology architecture.
- Research, recommend and implement architecture which meets the requirements of the business strategy
- Recruitment and management of digital agencies and contractors (technical relationships). Ensure costs, technical capabilities and timelines are of an acceptable quality and meet industry best practice
- Where necessary, support and educate business stakeholders in understanding the technical requirements of digital solutions
- Ensure all solutions are up to date with digital trends and industry standards
- Support the management team in investigating future proof digital technologies that will enable the business to succeed in the digital age
- Liaise with various parties across the business to achieve business goals and objectives
- To comply with risk control and regulatory requirements that are relevant to this role
- To maintain commercial awareness relevant to this role
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 8+ years’ experience delivering digital solutions with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in eCommerce web development
- At least 2 years of experience working as a Solution Architect with experience designing complex solutions
- Background of working with the Agile methodology
- Demonstrated success in system integration, web development, web and mobile applications and services across multiple technology platforms.
- Proven ability to manage large projects and budgets which operate under constant pressure to meet very tight deadlines across a number of third party clients.
- Strong relationships building skills
- Previous experience in leading and developing a team of developers
- Experience across the full software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience building and managing modular/ responsive websites with consumer first approach
- Knowledge of web security best practice
- Developing, deploying, hosting and maintaining business critical, high traffic websites
- Integrating, developing, documenting and maintaining web servers
- Implementing and reviewing analytics and tracking
- Search engine optimisation
- Creating and supporting content management systems
- Experience building assets for social media and social media integration
- Web optimisation – performance, cross browser/ platform support
- Knowledge of risk control & regulatory environment
- Commercial awareness
To review our data use practices, visit our Recruitment Data Privacy Notice.