Quality Assurance Manager
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of this role is to support the Divisional Head of Operations, Head of Life Services and Head of Sales in meeting divisional regulatory change, risk management & quality control requirements.
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that resources and activities related to regulatory change, risk management & quality controls, within the Life Division, are being allocated, organised & executed in the most effective and appropriate manner possible whilst also ensuring they meet industry compliance & risk requirements. The role holder will need to work collaboratively with various stakeholders across the business in order to influence and effect change where required.
Additionally, regular updates and communications to the Divisional Head of Operations are essential, as well as proactively identifying changes in the risk landscape resulting from regulatory or operational changes. The role will report directly to the Divisional Head of Operations.
Account-abilities of the Role
- To comply with risk control and regulatory requirements that are relevant to this role.
- To maintain commercial awareness relevant to this role.
- Act as business lead on all compliance related projects/changes (e.g. GDPR, PRIPS, IDD, AML4 / AML5, CP116, EIOPA, CPRA).
- Ensuring the satisfactory management of all upcoming changes on the compliance horizon, ensuring the business is sufficiently resourced and prepared to implement such changes.
- Maintain and update the divisional operational risk register ensuring relating mitigants continue to be appropriate.
- Enhance the framework for documenting, reviewing and signing off advice processes.
- Provide assistance to the business when drafting changes to business supporting documents e.g. statement of suitability updates.
- Oversee and enforce delivery of access control reviews to various internal and external systems to ensure access levels are appropriate and that reviews are carried on out on sufficiently regular basis.
- Co-ordinate all external compliance and risk related inquiries from Cornmarket’s Compliance Department, Group Procurement, Group Risk & Compliance and Group Internal Audit.
- Manage the divisional Quality Control team to ensure that their activities are proportionate to the risks they seek to mitigate and that review mechanisms are as efficient as possible.
- Co-ordination and maintenance of divisional business contracts, non-disclosure agreements and insurance company agreements, engaging with Group Legal where necessary.
- Delivery of ongoing divisional obligations in relation to GDPR.
- Various ad hoc compliance and risk related tasks as required.
- Build and maintain a network of compliance piers in the Life & Pension sector.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- At least 5 years’ insurance experience in either a business, product or compliance role.
- Strong knowledge of the risk control & regulatory environments regarding Life & Pensions.
- Commercial awareness relevant to Cornmarket as a whole and the Life and Pensions market.
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with key stakeholders.
- A highly effective communicator who can communicate and present written / verbal information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to remove road blocks and influence at a senior level.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective external networks and relationships.
- Highly adaptable to a busy ever changing work environment.
- Knowledge of risk control & regulatory environment.
- Commercial awareness.
Behavioural Competencies Required
- Strong desire to take ownership and accountability for the compliance and risk activities of the Life Division.
- Ability to aggregate feedback from multiple sources and consolidated this into clear, decisive actions or recommendations.
- Very ambitious, results orientated and self-motivated.
- A relentless focus on completion and delivery within agreed time frames.
- Strong analytical thinker with creative problem solving skills.
- Willing to have their opinion heard and made clear.
- Strong ethical integrity.
Cornmarket Group Financial Services Ltd. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A member of the Irish Life Group Ltd. which is part of the Great-West Lifeco Group of companies
This role is a 'controlled function' as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that the appointee meets the requirements as set out in the Fitness and Probity standards issued by the Central Bank Cornmarket Data Privacy Notice