Tax Returns Assistant Manager
Reporting to the Cornmarket Tax Returns Manager, the Assistant Manager plays a pivotal role in the day to day running of the CTRS (Cornmarket Tax Returns Service) department. The role holder is responsible for the operational management of both the Tax & Customer Service Teams including performance management & development.
A key focus of this role is on ensuring the processes followed & the advice provided by both the Tax & Customer Service Agents are compliant and in line with regulatory & Tax Returns requirements. The role is also responsible for maintaining the agreed service levels within the Department.
Account-abilities of the role
- Follow appropriate procedures to control, monitor and report on Company policies.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, regulatory, professional and legal requirements.
- To maintain commercial awareness relevant to this role in relation to changes to life, pensions and CTRS products and industry specific changes.
- To work closely with the Head of CTRS to grow the CTRS portfolio through increased membership and improved retention.
- Lead, develop and coach the CTRS team to ensure successful and effective delivery of quality tax returns to members in a timely and efficient manner. Developing and encouraging team members to reach their full potential within their role.
- Monitor and track retention levels by reporting weekly statistics on number of new business cases, cancellation levels and customer feedback.
- Manage and handle all client complaints in line with company procedure in a timely, efficient and compliant manner. Ensuring that all cases are managed successfully and in line with “Customer First” ethos.
- You will be responsible for complex tax return handling and non-standard tax return sign off.
- Assisting in developing internal training programmes for both CTRS staff and Financial Sales Consultants.
- You will be expected to meet with clients and offer advice on a diverse range of tax matters primarily Income Tax, CAT and CGT.
- Review existing operational processes and implement change as required to maximise output while delivering an efficient, cost effective and accurate tax planning service to members. Ensure appropriate controls are put in place for all operational activities to optimise the CTRS service to new and existing members and reduce commercial risk to the company.
- Assisting the Head of CTRS in Union and Employer meetings by providing detailed information on the benefits of being a CTRS member. Reporting the outcomes of these meetings and ensuring effective action plans are put in place.
- Building key relationships across the business to influence and drive the success of the CTRS product.
- Working closely with the Life Sales team to drive awareness of the CTRS product and offer support on the benefits of the product by presenting at the Life Sales seminar on a monthly basis.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Minimum of 3 years tax experience
- Holds or final stages of obtaining a professional tax qualification.
- Is technically competent and has a solid understanding in the practical application of tax knowledge.
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage a team. Previous people management experience is essential.
- Has strong commercial awareness and an understanding of the Life and Pension industry is desirable
- Ability to work on own initiative and liaise with other departments within the company.
- Ability to consistently meet targets and work to tight deadlines.
Behavioural Competencies Required
- Customer Focus
- Excellent analysis and numerical skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication & Influence skills
- Organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven record in achieving individual targets and ensuring team targets are successfully achieved.
- Excellent tax technical knowledge
Cornmarket Group Financial Services Ltd. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A member of the Irish Life Group Ltd. which is part of the Great-West Lifeco Group of companies
This role is a 'controlled function' as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that the appointee meets the requirements as set out in the Fitness and Probity standards issued by the Central Bank Cornmarket Data Privacy Notice