Financial Planning Service for Public Sector Employees
Your financial future is the most important thing you can plan for, but finding the time to do this can be difficult. Thankfully, Cornmarket's Financial Planning Service does the hard work so you don’t have to.
Why not check out our video?
We understand how hectic daily life can be, and want to take the hassle out of financial planning by assessing key areas of your finances for you.
Our friendly experts will complete a full financial review to help you prioritise the areas of your finances that need attention, build a plan for you going forward and also show you how you can be smarter with your spending – completely FREE OF CHARGE.
It’s never too late to start to start planning for your financial future!
Why is this right for me?
Cornmarket is delighted to offer its Financial Planning Service to all Public Sector employees, on a complimentary basis.
In 2014, over 9,700 Public Sector employees availed of the Financial Planning Service and 95% of the people that we surveyed rated the service as excellent or very good*.
The service is designed to ensure that you are financially prepared for the future, and to help you assess any potential savings which you could start making now.
Your Cornmarket consultant will:
1) Assess if you are on the correct point of the salary scale and if you are due any tax back.
- Did you know that 82% of PAYE employees overpay taxes?** We will help to ensure that you are claiming all entitlements available to you and not overpaying tax.
2) Explain what your pension entitlements will be and how to plan for your ideal retirement:
- The future of pensions and the best way for you to save for your retirement
- Help in setting your goals for the type of retirement you want
- The increase in the State Pension age to 67 in 2021 and 68 in 2028 (this affects anyone who joined the Public Sector after 1995 who is paying ‘A’ PRSI)
- Your options if you wish to retire early.
3) Explain the changes to Public Sector sick leave arrangements and show you how you can protect your salary:
- Reduction of paid sick leave to 3 months full pay & 3 months half pay
- Reduction of uncertified sick leave
- How salary protection works and can protect your salary.
4) Show you some other key areas in which you could make potential savings:
|Life Insurance Review:
||this will ensure that you have the most appropriate cover in place, at the best rate in the market
||we will help you to maximise your savings e.g. educational saving, house deposit, new car etc.
||we compare VHI Healthcare, Aviva Health, Laya Healthcare & GloHealth to ensure that you’re getting the best deal possible
|Home & Car Insurance:
||we will provide you with details of the special group deals that we have negotiated exclusively for Public Sector employees
*Source: Cornmarket, January 2015 (1,507 of 1,588 questionnaires completed).
**Source: Midas PAYE customer statistics 2014.
Midas is a tax based service and not a regulated financial product. Cornmarket Retail Trading is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cornmarket Group Financial Services Ltd.
For a list of useful documents to have at your appointment, please click here.