Start an AVC today
Create your ideal future with an AVC
An Additional Voluntary Contribution (AVC) is a way to boost your income in retirement.
At retirement you can use the money you’ve invested to buy additional pension benefits* such as:
- A tax-free lump sum - you may be able to take part or all of your AVC as a tax-free lump sum
- An investment in an Approved Retirement Fund (ARF) or Approved Minimum Retirement Fund (AMRF)
- A taxable lump sum
- Buying ‘missed years of service’ from your employer**
- An additional pension for you in retirement
Why should I start an AVC?
- Tax relief now - If you pay income tax at 40% and contribute €100 to your AVC, then the real cost to you is only €60; because you don’t have to pay income tax on the money you invest
- The sooner the better - With compound interest, the earlier you start to save the better off you will be
- Retire earlier – The additional income from an AVC can help you fund for an early retirement
- You decide how much - You select how much you contribute to your AVC, subject to the minimum of €12.50 per week and a maximum dependent upon your age and salary.
- Start & stop - You can start, stop or pause your AVC contributions whenever you like!
How do I take out an AVC?
In one quick phone call, our friendly financial consultants will give you expert advice on whether an AVC is right for you. A little goes a long way, so don’t delay!
Call us today on (01) 420 0937
Or click here to request a call back
*Subject to Revenue rules. **This must be completed prior to retirement.
Warning: The value of your investment may go down as well as up.
Warning: This product may be affected by changes in currency exchange rates.
Warning: If you invest in this product you may lose some or all of the money you invest.
Warning: If you invest in this product you will not have any access to your money until you receive your Superannuation Benefits.