There are two important stages involved in settling your AVC – before and in retirement.
Approximately 10 to 12 weeks before you retire, the following will happen.
- You’ll meet your Cornmarket consultant, who will explain how the settlement of your AVC will be processed. Your consultant will give you an idea of how to draw down yor AVC benefits and will start to collect & complete the documents required to settle your AVC. They will guide you through everything, so make sure you get in touch with any questions that you have.
Required documents before you retire:
- A certified copy of your passport or driving licence.
- The 12 Year Income Form completed by your employer. This form will be provided to you by your Cornmarket consultant.
Required document after you retire:
A copy of the final Superannuation details from your employer.
These should be sent to:
Post: Life Department, Cornmarket Group Financial Services, Christchurch Square, Dublin 8
A handy tip – scanning and emailing documents saves a lot of time compared to post, and gets things moving more efficiently.
- When all of the required documents have been received we will send these to the relevant Insurance Company.
- They will complete your Retirement Options Statement and send this to you.
- You will need to sign and complete the Retirement Options Statement and return it to the Insurance Company.
- If you have selected to invest some or all of your AVC fund in an ARF, AMRF or Annuity, copies of these must also be provided to the Insurance Company.
Then that’s it – your AVC is settled.