Tax Return Service FAQs

I would like to have my tax return processed. What do I need to do?

We can file your tax returns for a period of up to 4 tax years (there may be an additional charge for this depending on the length of your membership). Contact us and we’ll get to work your return.

Mandatory documents needed to file your return: Your P60 and/or P45 (if relevant) and a copy of any expenses you are claiming for, e.g. medical, non-routine dental expenses.  If you have 3 recent payslips it would also be helpful.

I have received my tax return result. What do I do next?

If you are satisfied with your result and would like us to go ahead and file your return with Revenue, simply:

Phone us on (01) 408 6264 or    

Email us or

Sign where indicated in the report and post back the signed documents to us using the Freepost address (no stamp necessary): Tax Return Service, Cornmarket, Christchurch Square, FREEPOST F3976, Dublin 8.

Then what happens?

We send your file to Revenue and they, in turn, send you a balancing statement (a P21) if you have PAYE income. Revenue will send you a notice of assessment if you have rental income or are self-employed. They will then issue you with your tax refund directly (where applicable).

Why is my spouse’s name on the return and not mine?

This happens if you are “jointly assessed”. Your spouse’s name is on the return as he/she is the assessable spouse. His/her name must go on all correspondence to and from Revenue. However, both of your details are included in the return and either of you can sign it.

Email or call (01) 408 6264 to speak to a tax agent.  

Cornmarket’s Tax Return Service is not a regulated financial product. This service is provided by Cornmarket Retail Trading Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cornmarket Group Financial Services Ltd. Telephone calls may be recorded for quality control and training purposes