This guide is only a summary of some of the benefits and covers of the policy. For full Terms, Conditions & Exclusions you must consult the Policy Document. If you have any questions regarding any of the benefits of the Homestar Home Insurance policy, please call one of our Helpline numbers for full details.
Building and Contents cover
Cover against loss, damage or destruction caused by any of the following specified perils:
- Fire, smoke, explosion, lightning & earthquake
- Storm & Flood
- Stealing or attempted stealing
- Riot, civil commotion etc.
- Subsidence or landslip
- Valuable property sum insured not more than €4,000 for any one article, set or collection
- Escape of water or oil from any fixed domestic water or heating installation or domestic appliance.
In addition, your buildings section covers
- Automatic cover for accidental damage
- Owners liability to the public – €1,300,000
- Fire brigade charges – €1,500
- Trace and access – where water or oil has escaped, work done to remove or replace any part of the buildings necessary to repair any fixed domestic water or heating installation is covered up to €750.
In addition, your contents section covers:
- Automatic Away from Home cover for personal possessions – €2,000 (single article limit €650)
- New for old cover (except for clothing, furs, linen, and floor coverings etc.)
- Personal money – €400
- Credit cards – €650
- Freezer contents – cost of replacing food and drink unfit for human consumption – Unlimited
- Contents in the open – €500
- Replacement locks – €400
- Fire Brigade charges – €1,500.
- Standard policy excess – €250
- Escape of water or oil from a fixed domestic installation excess – €500
- Specified all risks, pedal cycles and trailers/caravan excess – €50
- Unspecified all risks excess – €100
- Subsidence excess – €1,250.
Buildings & Contents
- Owner’s liability to public – €1,300,000
- Tenant’s liability up to 10% of contents sum insured
- Liability to domestic employees: €2,600,000.
HomeRescue – Emergency Service
HomeRescue is a 24-hour, 365 days-a-year nationwide emergency service, which will complement your household insurance policy by providing an immediate solution to your emergency with a single telephone call. HomeRescue assists you in an emergency situation as a result of:
- Damage to plumbing
- Overflowing water tanks
- Blocked drains
- Electrical failure within the home
- Non-security of locks, doors and windows
- Broken glass.
For details on what is covered, consult the HomeRescue Information sheet. Underwritten by Mapfre Assistance Agency, Ireland.
Devised and administered by Cornmarket Group Financial Services Ltd. Underwritten by Zurich Insurance plc. Zurich Insurance plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. The details provided are correct at the time of going to print (February 2013). Full policy terms and conditions are available on request. Cornmarket Group Financial Services Ltd. is an appointed intermediary of Zurich Insurance plc