In our role as administrator of the INMO Salary Protection Scheme, we at Cornmarket have a unique understanding of the conditions which cause claims to arise, and with this in mind, an initiative around mental health and wellbeing was built into the Scheme during its last review.
There’s no doubt that Covid-19 has had an impact on the mental health of many, not least nurses & midwives, so we are proud to be working with the INMO on this collective campaign for the benefit of members at this time.
- The INMO Nurses and Midwives community is unique, with a wide variety of roles and a range of responsibilities and pressures. To help inform this initiative, we commissioned a research project to understand the specific factors that contribute to members mental health and wellbeing, with a view to building a visible and accessible campaign, based on topics that matter. We commissioned a review of the most recent literature and research available on Nurses and Midwives mental health.
- Additionally, we have drawn from the results of the INMO Mental Health Covid-19 Survey 2020 to help us understand the impact the pandemic was having on members mental health.
- To support findings, Dr. Sharon Lambert working for Full health Medical carried out 8 one-to-one qualitative interviews with members to help us gather a deeper understanding of the issues raised.
For more on our research, click here
As well as research we have invited a number of Mental Health Professionals, Expert Nurse Opinion consultant Brid O’Meara, Wellbeing specialists Zevo Health and Mental Health Charities Aware to inform thLet’s Talk About It initiative.
For more on our experts, click here
Addressing what matters
More recently we asked INMO Income Protection Scheme members to help shape the initiative via an online survey. This gave members the opportunity to let us know what really mattered and what was needed in this initiative.
- 47% of members don't know where to access free mental health support for Nurses and Midwives
- 98% want tailored support for INMO members
Now it’s over to INMO Members - Let’s Talk About It aims to get Nurses and Midwives talking about mental health, create a community of support and equip members with practical advice so they can take action to protect their mental health when they need to.
Together, we can make an impact for Nurses and Midwives mental health.