In a recent study, 78% of Irish Public Sector employees under 35 said they needed to organise their finances. Only 36% saying they had a long-term plan.*
But your 20s and 30s are actually a great time to start planning for your future.
Of course daily life is hectic. So we take the hassle and time out of financial planning by assessing key areas for you – while you’re free to enjoy life now.
Our friendly experts will guide you through a full financial review, helping you prioritise areas needing attention, suggest smarter ways to spend and build a plan for the future. All free of charge.
In 2017, over 10,876 Public Sector employees benefited from our Financial Planning Service. And 95% of them said the excellent or very good**.
The service plans for your future, based around your needs and situation - and identifies savings you can make right now!
Your Cornmarket consultant will:
1) Assess if you are on the correct point of the salary scale and if you are due any tax back.
Did you know that 82% of PAYE employees overpay taxes?*** We’ll make sure you’re getting all the entitlements available to you and not overpaying tax.
2) Explain what your pension entitlements will be – and how to plan for your dream retirement. This will include:
- The future of pensions and the best way for you to save for your retirement
- Help in setting your goals for the retirement you want
- The increase in the State Pension age to 67 in 2021 and 68 in 2028 (this affects anyone who joined the Public Sector after 1995 who is paying ‘A’ PRSI)
- Your options if you wish to retire early.
3) Explain the changes to public sector sick leave arrangements and show you how you can protect your salary. They will discuss:
- Reduction of paid sick leave to three months full pay and three months half pay
- Reduction of uncertified sick leave
- How salary protection works and can protect your salary.
4) Show you other key areas in which you could make potential savings. This will include:
- Life Insurance Review – we’ll make sure you have the best cover for you, at the best price on the market.
- Health Insurance Review – we compare VHI Healthcare, Laya Healthcare and Irish Life Health to ensure you’re on the right policy.
- Home and Car Insurance – you benefit from special group rates we’ve negotiated exclusively for public sector employees
- Savings - across educational costs, house deposit, new cars travel and more.
To book a consultation with a Financial Planning Consultant, call 01 420 0978.
*Source: Amarach Research survey conducted on 250 Public Sector employees under age 35, 13/02/16. This information is intended onl y as a general guide and does not constitute financial advice. Cornmarket Group Financial Services Ltd. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Cornmarket is part of the Great-West Lifeco group of companies, one of the world’s leading life assurance organisations.
** Source: Cornmarket, March 2018 (2,343 out of 2,476 questionnaires completed).
*** Source: Cornmarket Tax Return Service PAYE Customer Statistics 2018. Cornmarket Tax Return Service is not a regulated financial product.