Tax Return Service

Existing Clients section

Call us (01) 408 4106

Budget 2024

What does it mean for you?

Learn more

Documents you may need!

Already a member? Here are the documents you may need to complete your tax return!

View documents

Watch our handy step-by-step videos to help you complete your tax return forms

How to complete your Tax Return Form

How to complete your Self-Employed Tax Return Form

How to complete your Rental Income Tax Return Form

What can I claim?

Flat Rate Expenses

Like all tax credits, this is money off your tax bill. Flat rate expenses are job-related tax relief, received by nurses, teachers and certain other professions. They’re given at your marginal rate of tax. 

For example:

  • A full-time teacher can get tax relief of €233**
  • A nurse who supplies and launders their uniform can get tax relief of €293**.

**2022 tax credits

Help to Buy

Help to Buy (HTB) This scheme allows first time buyers to claim a tax rebate equal to 5% of the value of the house – up to €20,000.

Educational and medical expenses

Education fees You can claim tax relief on fees over €3,000 (per household) that you have paid for approved third level education courses. The maximum fees you can claim are €7,000 per student per year. The first €3,000 for full-time courses is not claimable.

Medical You can claim for tax relief at 20% for the following expenses:

  • Doctor, GP, consultant or hospital fees
  • Drugs or medicines prescribed by a doctor, dentist or consultant up to a certain limit
  • Non-routine dental treatments, e.g. crowns/veneers/root canal
  • Certain dietary products recommended by a doctor, e.g. coeliac/diabetic.

This information is correct as of March 2022.

Pension contributions

While you’re employed, and making pension contributions, you may be entitled to tax relief.

  • If you’re paying pension contributions through salary deduction, your tax relief is applied automatically at source
  • If you pay by Direct Debit, you need to claim tax relief from Revenue.

You can also claim tax relief on deductions from your Gratuity Lump Sum and any Single Premium AVC contributions you may make.

Home Carer Tax Credit

You can claim the Home Carer Tax Credit of €1,600 (2022 rate) if you, or someone else you live with is staying at home to care for a dependent person other than your spouse.

You're able to earn up to €7,200 a year and still claim this credit.

Income Protection Premiums

If you have an Income Protection policy, you’re able to claim tax relief on your premiums if you pay through Direct Debit.

If you pay your premiums through salary deduction, your tax relief will be applied automatically at source.


What to consider

More than one income

If you have a second, non-PAYE income from which you earned more than €5,000, then you are required by law to complete a tax ...

Read more

More than one property

If you have rental income from which you earned more than €5,000, then you are required by law to complete a tax return every...

Read more

Capital Gains Tax

Capital Gains Tax (CGT) is a tax charged on your capital gains (profit), made by selling assets you own. It needs to be paid ...

Read more

Inheritance Tax

If you plan to leave an inheritance for your loved ones, it may be liable to Inheritance Tax. Inheritance Tax is the amount o...

Read more

Please note: For PAYE Tax Returns: Following calculation of your tax return, if, based on the information you have provided we calculate that a refund is due, we will file your return automatically for you (we may contact you to obtain your approval before filing). If our calculation indicates that you owe money to Revenue we will request your approval to file your return. For Non-PAYE Tax Returns: We will only file a return after requesting your approval to do so.

Why choose us?

We’ve been helping public sector workers with their tax for nearly 50 years. We understand your needs. With our knowledge in the industry, we’ll find out if you’re due a refund and ensure you're tax compliant – with no jargon and no hassle. 

You get even more from our Tax Return Service

With our Tax Return Service you'll also enjoy exclusive benefits on Cornmarket products. These include:

FREE Online Will Service

Our free Online Will Service, valued at €75, includes:

  • Will naming spouse/civil partner or alternative beneficiaries
  • Division of estates into equal shares or varying percentages
  • Appointing of guardians for children
Find out more

Up to €72 OFF Health Insurance

As Ireland's largest health insurance broker, in one simple and quick call we:

  • Compare plans from all the insurers on the market (VHI, Irish Life Health & Laya)
  • Guide you on how to avoid or minimise loading charges
  • Find the best cover for you at the best price.

Discount must be requested at quotation stage and cannot be issued retrospectively. This discount will be applied by waiving our health insurance comparison service fee.

Find out more

€30 OFF Dental Insurance

Smile! Our dental insurance plans are designed to promote regular and preventative dental care. They include great benefits:

  • 100% cover for two examinations
  • Two cleanings per annum (per person insured)
  • X-rays included as standard.

Discount must be requested at quotation stage and cannot be issued retrospectively. If the dental policy is cancelled within the first 3 months of the policy the customer will not receive the €30 refund.

€30 is made up of Cornmarket's €24 Administration Fee and €6 commission from insurer. A cheque will be posted to the policyholder's address within 12 weeks of the policy purchase date.

Dental Insurance is underwritten by DeCare Dental Insurance Ireland DAC.

Find out more

Check out the latest articles from our blog

Cornmarket Group Financial Services Ltd. is a member of  Cornmarket Group Financial Services Ltd. is a member of the Irish Life Group Ltd. which is part of the Great-West Lifeco Group of companies. Cornmarket’s Tax Return Service is not a regulated financial product.