The International Council of Nurses advised that 80% of nurses have experienced mental health distress and worldwide, nurses are facing mass trauma*. This week, Norah talks to Johnny Moran from the Trauma Response Network Ireland and Davina Ramkissoon Wellness Director in Zevo Health about the differences between trauma, PTSD and burnout. Throughout the Pandemic, many front-line workers have been in survival mode. Now, as we adjust to our lives working with Covid-19, it’s time to acknowledge our own traumatic responses, listen to our bodies and seek support if you need it.
Let’s Wrap It Up: Each episode ends with a quick 5-minute wrap up session with mental health expert Bríd O’Meara; links to Bríd's support recommendations include:
- One-to-one Support and information on HSE and Non HSE Employee Assistance Programmes can be accessed from here: Support Services
- There is a 24hr Counselling Line available to all INMO members - Counselling Helpline 1850 670 407 or (01) 881 8047
- You can talk to a Text About It Crisis Volunteer by free texting INMO to 50808
- For more information on EMDR or to register your interest in this therapy, visit Trauma Response Network Ireland
- Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy have a created a list of Psychotherapists willing to provide voluntary services for frontline workers, visit them here
- For resources on webinars and resources discussed, visit: Let's Talk About It Resources
If you have been affected by the conversation today, there are a number of one to one and self-directed mental health supports available to you. Visit our Support Services page for more information.